Saturday, December 29, 2007

Nostalgic Dinosaurs

I had a dream this morning that I was watching all the dinosaur related films and tv shows I had when I was small. Most of them were crackly VHS copies filled with random bits of static and audio distortion, I would sit for hours on the floor of our blue carpet living room watching them over and over again until they became so worn out they were almost impossible to watch. As the blurry VHS tapes faded and eventually found their way into the trash, so did my memory of them and they gradually found their place adrift in the murky sea in the back of my mind. But this morning they found me, and as soft waves of nostalgia washed over me I slowly woke up and reached for my laptop. Groggy and half blind I set about looking for them online, and to my surprise they were fairly easy to find. Here we go.

Dinosaurs! (1960)


Stanley and the Dinosaurs (1989)

I'm still working on finding this, all I have so far is an IMDB page and some screen shots of the caveman from Joel Fletcher's website. He worked on the short as a modeler. I don't remember much about the plot other than that Stanley wanders into his local museum where he falls asleep under a massive skeleton and dreams of a world filled with dinosaurs and cavemen, he being a misfit caveman is kicked out of his caveman communityinto the outside jungle where he finds new dinosaur friends.






The Dinosaurs! (1991)

Part 1 isn't available but the other 3 parts are. This series was awesome, great animation and great kitschy 90's music.



Here's part 2
link (google video)

No comments: