Saturday, January 12, 2008

Okie Noodling




I'm interested in knowing how okie noodling started. Who was the first guy to say, "ok, I'm going to stick my hand down this dark muddy under water hole and see what happens", I mean really who does that? The practice is amazing to me in that it both makes sense and is utterly insane at the same time. I can understand practices like trout tickling where the fisherman lays along the bank of a river and slowly moves their hand under the side of the river bank feeling for trout to gently "tickle" then grab. But to me thats entirely different from okie noodling, trout are generally small and the process of tickling does not require your hand to enter the trouts mouth at any time. In comparison, sticking your hand down a hole in hopes that a behemoth cats fish will bite you and hopefully be small enough that you can bring him to the surface without being pulled under, that, that is just insane to me.

No comments: